Hockey Content Manager
Hockey Content Manager
Minneapolis, MN / Remote Welcomed / Full Time Position
TeamGenius is the leading provider of athlete evaluation and development software, supporting hundreds of youth sports organizations with tryouts and team formation, player feedback, and player development programs. We believe in the power of youth sports to help kids develop healthy habits and critical life skills – all while having tons of fun! We’re passionate about creating positive youth sports experiences for as many kids as possible and believe those experiences are best delivered through passionate sports administrators, volunteers, and coaches when they have the best tools for the job.
TeamGenius is seeking an innovative and engaging Hockey Content Manager to own the content strategy and in-app growth of our new at-home hockey training app. This is a rare opportunity to join an early company working right alongside the founding team. You will develop on-demand and live hockey training programs, produce original skills content, manage our content partners, affiliate marketers, and brand ambassadors for the channel, and have the opportunity to grow both the company brand and your personal brand online.
What you’ll do:
- Drive training content strategy including hockey-specific workouts, training schedule, and on-demand programming for multiple age groups, skill levels, and regions
- Source and manage content partners, affiliate marketers, and special guests as part of our affiliate and partner programs
- Interview and moderate conversations with prominent hockey players and coaches for members-only zoom sessions, social media channels, and podcast episodes
- Serve as in-house hockey content producer – content will have varying lengths, skill levels, and disciplines
- Serve as quality assurance for all in-house and partner content that we add to the app
- Manage hockey channel social media accounts, and build and manage a personal hockey coach social presence for our user community – comment on users’ posts on social, share content on social channels, promote upcoming events, interviews, and more.
- Respond to and moderate any community posting within the app
- Manage challenges, prizes, and rewards specific to hockey programming, and ensure points are awarded in conjunction with our points system.
- Responsible for “user marketing” to drive engagement with content – push notifications, email notifications, social posts promoting upcoming content, events, interviews, and more
- Need to have proof of success in same or related situations – ex:
- You’ve spent the last 3 years starting and scaling a community at a tech company from 0 to 2,000 daily engaged readers/listeners
- You’ve spent the last 5 years coaching hockey for an academy and developing training programs that you shared on your personal Instagram
- You played hockey in college and have spent the last 2 years crushing a sales or marketing role
- There isn’t a “years of experience” quota for this role, so long as you have a background that you think could set you up for success.
- Need to have a hockey background, either playing or coaching for multiple years at a high-level
- Need to have a basic understanding of B2C saas industry companies and related marketing strategies
- Need to be comfortable in front of the camera and on a mic to produce hockey skills content and content for marketing purposes
- Need to have an engaging personality that will resonate with young hockey players
- Need to be an innovative thinker and have the ability to both strategize and execute
- Need to have the ability to learn and master new skills quickly
- You have a substantial presence and following on social media
- You have worked for a B2C saas company
- You have worked in the youth sports industry
- You have an established network of hockey coaches and players to lean into
- Competitive salary
- Stock appreciation rights (similar to stock options)
- Medical and dental insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Ability to work from anywhere 100% of the time
- A budget for conferences or other learning opportunities
- A monthly book-club and team outings
- A platform to build your personal hockey coach brand