Vice President of Marketing
Vice President, Marketing
Minneapolis, MN / Remote Welcomed
TeamGenius is the leading provider of athlete evaluation and skill development products, supporting hundreds of youth sports organizations with tryouts and team formation, player feedback, and player development programs. We believe in the power of youth sports to help kids develop healthy habits and critical life skills – all while having tons of fun! We’re passionate about creating positive youth sports experiences for as many kids as possible, and believe those experiences are best delivered when sports administrators, volunteers and coaches have the best tools for the job.
TeamGenius is seeking a highly motivated and results-driven VP of Marketing to own our marketing function and accelerate growth. This is a rare opportunity to join a scaling startup and build an incredible marketing program in the exciting and rapidly developing youth sports industry. You will define, own and operate our marketing function, including strategy, demand gen, product and brand marketing and help us grow from initial traction to scale.
Our small and passionate team believes in growth mindset, fairness, transparency, initiative and ownership. We dream big, work hard, and have fun along the way.
- Become an expert in our products, customers and their needs and translate that knowledge into effective brand, product and demand gen marketing programs.
- Prioritize marketing projects and allocate resources to meet overall revenue and company goals.
- Monitor all marketing and advertising campaigns and improve them when necessary / ensure CAC efficiency
- Define and execute performance marketing strategy to increase trial sign ups and inbound demo request. Nurture and convert leads into high quality sales opportunities.
- Lead content marketing programs, including content development, creative agencies and influencer marketing relationships, channel strategy, and production.
- Lead go to market and brand strategy for a major new product focused on athlete development.
- Prepare regular reports and presentations on strategy and KPIs for the CEO and external stakeholders. May include ROAS, CAC, CTLV, Marketing sourced pipeline/revenue, and budget recommendations.
- Forecast hiring needs for the Marketing department, managing team efficiency, and hiring your own team
- Build relationships with public relations media, agencies, and stakeholders through creative PR strategies
- Drive experimentation and testing programs to optimize budget and human resources.
- Conduct market analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth and new channel development
- Develop and maintain brand identity and support company and product brand strategy.
- Oversee paid, earned and owned channels including SEO, Paid Search, Paid Social, PR and social media.
- Support CEO and Revenue Team Lead in partnership strategy. Develop strong integration and business development partner relationships.
- Distill customer feedback and market knowledge into product development opportunities. Convey to the Product team for documentation and prioritization.
You’ll Likely Succeed if:
- You bring a strong SaaS background and have been a key player in growing a startup to $10M+ ARR.
- You have experience working with products in the ACV range of $1,000-$10,000 per year.
- You have primarily B2B experience with some experience and knowledge of building consumer brands and distribution strategies.
- You have experience owning a marketing sourced pipeline and marketing source revenue goal.
- You have defined a company’s marketing strategy and executed on it to successfully drive growth.
- You have managed a team of marketers before, including experience recruiting, hiring, and developing employees.
- You are data-driven and able to understand and interpret data and insights to make good decisions and continuously improve.
- You are strategic and can see the big picture but aren’t afraid to dig in and do the work. You operate with the mentality that you are not above any task that needs doing.
- You think big, work hard, and enjoy having fun. You get energy from working with smart, passionate people who eagerly seek to improve the company while making a positive impact on the world.
- You’re a self-starter with a bias for action. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and think/act like an owner.
What We Offer
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Phone/home internet stipend
- Flexible work environment (work from anywhere)
- Fun – book club, company events, team-building activities, volunteer outings.
- $125,000-$160,000 base salary
- Performance-based bonus
- .5%-1% Stock Appreciation Rights